Monday, May 14, 2012

Hello, my name is Chris, and I am a newlywed.

So since starting this blog I've had a little bit of internal criticism to deal with.

Here I am, offering up advice through telling my story of how I am a good husband (at least in my opinion), but as of today I've only been married for 135 days.  We were engaged for a little over a year, and dated for a few months before that.

How do I have any credibility to tell other people about marriage?



I have no crystal ball.  I cannot see the future.  But I know that the steps my wife and I have taken are the foundation for a long, fulfilling and beautiful marriage.  I am not in anyway trying to tell other people that their marriage is inferior, or that they need to do exactly what I am doing.  All this blog is meant to do is share my experiences.

To extend the building metaphor, houses come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.  Ranches.  Apartments. Townhouses. Split-level.  The list goes on and on.  Depending on the house you are going to build, the foundation you lay will look differently.  You don't build a house without a plan. The same is true for marriage, money and professional satisfaction.  If you do not have a plan to succeed, you probably won't.  This blog is designed for me to share our plan.  The fact that I have only been married for 135 days does not mean that I should not have a plan or am not qualified to share it.

If anything, I think I am uniquely qualified to share my story because I can empathize with other newly weds.  I understand the stress of merging two families, adjusting from a single person's life, planning a wedding and everything else that goes along with getting married.  Newlyweds and soon-to-be-weds need this information!  I would have loved any kind of resource when I was I was preparing to get married, hopefully other people will find it valuable now.


No comments:

Post a Comment